Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Saturday, December 13, 2008

So this is it, huh?

Well, I've finally entered the blogworld. This could be fun. I must admit I'm quite the amateur at this tech stuff...and that is quite the understatement of the year! I mean, if I hear someone mention "bluetooth" I'm looking for my kid's mouth and a blue marker! But alas, as the title plainly states, "There's more to me than Mommy" so I'm diving in! Sink or swim, here I come!

So, about that title...you may wonder, why did you pick that? Well, when you are a homemaker and have three kids age 3 and under, there is not alot of free time in the day and never a moment passes that you aren't thinking about your children. Even when you don't particularly want to think about them, you can't help but think about them. (That would be the times when they are screaming for you at the top of their lungs..."Mommie, Mommie, where are you?!" There's no use trying to hide. They'll find you! Or perhaps you are thinking..."What are they doing? They are awfully quiet.") Please don't misunderstand me. I love my kids dearly. What mother deserving of the title doesn't? But even the best of moms need a break every now and then. Plus, having a life outside of being "mommy" makes you a better mother, in my opinion. So, voila! This is my outlet and you are my audience. Give yourselves a round of applause (or just a round!). Ha!

Now seriously, keep in mind that I really do have three kids at home so don't be 'speckin' no post every day! (Teehee!) But as I get better at this blogging business, I'll try to find time to post pics and give you an "eye"ful of the antics around our roost. Never a dull moment, I'll just say that...NEVER a dull moment. All you moms out there know what I'm talking about.

I love being a mom. It's like being a superhero only you don't have to have a superpower. You carry on while under overwhelming exhaustion but it is all so worth it! They smile, laugh, or say something like, "I love you, Mommie" and all of a sudden your heart melts like butter and for a moment you remember what life is really all about. For an instant, you forget how tired you are and remember that these days won't last forever...so instead of rushing the kids to bed so you can take a relaxing bath before hitting the sheets, you read one, two...maybe even three more bedtime stories and hug and love on them until they beg you to let go. Yes, I truly love being a mom. There's nothing else like it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your first post, honey. You truly are the more gift writer between us. I look forward to reading more of your work.

    -- Your Loving Husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. Case in point: You are the more "giftED" writer. (Apparently the more gifted spell-checker as well;-)

    ReplyDelete