Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Attempt at Becoming the Next "Betty Crocker"

I just created my own recipe (probably for the first time).  I dumped a bunch of stuff in the slow cooker and I'm hoping that it will #1) be fully cooked by dinner time and #2) that it will taste halfway decent.  I don't really know what possessed me to try this today.  I guess I'm wanting to use what fresh produce we currently have before it goes bad and thought, "What the hay?  Let's see what happens." ;-)

Here's what I used in case you'd like to try it too.  I'll let you know how it turns out...

  • 1 whole chicken fryer
  • 10-12 baby carrots
  • 2 onions, peeled and quartered
  • 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 2 Tbs. vinegar
  • 1 Tbs. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • basil
  • oregano
  • honey
I placed my frozen fryer (see why I'm hoping it's done by dinner time?) in the cooker and dumped the diced tomatoes on top.  Then I added the apple juice and vinegar (along the sides, not over the chicken).  Next came the chili and onion powders over the chicken as well as a sprinkling of basil and oregano to taste.  I placed the carrots and onions around the chicken, onions on top and drizzled with honey to taste.

I probably would have added some potatoes too, if we'd had any.  Guess we'll see what happens.  If this is any good, I'll need a name for it.  Thoughts? :)  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment