Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Monday, September 17, 2012

Laughing or Lying?

I took Sadie to participate in a preschool music class demonstration at Harding today.  At first she said she didn't want to go but I assured her that if she gave it a chance, she really would have a good time.  Of course, I was right. ;)

Her behavior during the class really had me inwardly chuckling most of the time.  She was kind of shy and clingy at first, which is not all that unusual but it did seem to take her a little longer to finally warm up to the group.  She smiled the whole time, giving the instructor (who was singing nearly the entire time) looks that seemed to say, "I'm still not sure about you yet.  You're singing everything you're saying.  I'm not used to that and really don't know what to make of it.  It's kind of creeping me out a little." lol  Anytime the teacher came near her or she was the center of attention, her face turned bright red.

Once she finally warmed up to the group, everything was funny.  She giggled at every song and every activity.  I really savor seeing my children enjoying themselves so much.  A child's laughter is so much more precious than an adult's.  They have little inhibition at that age and their happiness just seems to burst from their pores, from the top of their heads to the tips of their toes.  I love that.  I want to be more like that.  Free from any worry or stress.  Free to just squeal, jump up and down, and basically act like a fool without giving any thought to what other people may think of my behavior.  Wouldn't that be a sight to see?  How exhilarating.  How liberating that must be!

Of course, not everything about childhood is commendable.  For instance, Sadie told her entire class that we have a rabbit at home in a cage.  She even went so far as to tell them how we have to feed it food and water every day.  Yeah.  We don't have a rabbit.  In fact, we don't have any pets at all.  A vivid imagination is a wonderful thing.  Lying, on the other hand...not so much.  Unfortunately, many of us grown-ups find it easier to lie than to laugh like a child.  Personally, I'm gonna make a change.  Wanna join me? ;)

And since it was a music class...(and I know you already have this song in your head now, right?  Well, if you are anything like me, that is.)  Plus, it's just a fun song and lying isn't the only change we need to make... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment