Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Know an Old Lady Who...

You know that old children's song, "I know an old lady who swallowed a fly"?  Well, this is not that.  But to me, it is just as disturbing.  Ew, ew, ew, ew, EWW!!  You'll understand shortly...
Sadie: "Look, Mom!  I caught a fly!"
Me (not paying much attention at first): "Uh-huh."
Sadie puts her hand right up to my face.  Yep!  She caught a fly, alright!  And is holding it tightly between her thumb and first finger about 2 inches from my nose!
Me, jumping: "Ach!  What are you doing with that?!  Ew, yuck!  Get it away, please!"
Sadie gingerly puts it down.  I breathe a sigh of relief thinking we're done and the fly is dead.  Nope.  Not by a long shot.
Sadie:  "Do you want to eat it, Mommy?"
Me, dumbfounded: "What?!  NO!  I do not want to eat a fly!  Why would you even ask me that?"
Sadie:  "Daddy likes to eat flies.  He has eaten bugs before."
Me, trying my best not to completely freak out and making a mental note to have a talk with her daddy about this later:  "Well, your daddy is weird like that.  Not me.  I don't eat bugs, thank you very much.  Now, please go wash your hands."
Conversation is at an end.  I sit to share this story with you.  Sadie returns.
Sadie: "Look, Mommy!  He likes me!"
I look and that blasted fly is crawling around on her hand!
Sadie, giggling:  "Hahaha, it tickles!  He really likes me!"

Where did I get such a child????  She's like the "Bug Whisperer"!  Ew, ew, ew, ew, EWW!!!  I have to go throw up now and then immediately take a shower...


No comments:

Post a Comment