Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Searcy is the Greatest!: A Couple's Debate

The following is a conversation that Justin and I had in the car on the way home from church this afternoon.  I am blessed with a husband who is very good at noticing inconsistencies and shining a spotlight on them.  Not everyone can appreciate such a gift, but I do.  It keeps things interesting.  :)

Justin: "Ah, Searcy, Arkansas!  The greatest town in all of America!  Isn't that right, 'Momma'? (no response)  I say, 'Isn't it, 'Momma'?'"

Me: "Eh, maybe."

Justin: "What?  Why not?  Where else is better and why?"

Me: "...I don't know."

Justin: "Then, we're agreed! Searcy is the greatest!"

Me: "Hmm...I can agree that it's 'one of'."

Justin: "'One of'?  Why just 'one of'?"

Me: "Well, I haven't lived in every town in America so I can't say with certainty that Searcy is THE greatest."

Justin: "Well, I guess you can't say with certainty that I'm the greatest husband either, then, since you haven't been married to every man in America, huh?"

Me: "Touche, husband.  Touche."

Justin: "Then, we're agreed!  Searcy is the greatest!  Maybe I should have been a lawyer after all. What do you think?"

Me: "Yep, you'd have made a good one."

No comments:

Post a Comment