Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Media Madness: The Kid Connection

Our kids lost their media privileges for a whole week.  We're two days into this consequence now and Thursday seems like an eternity away.  I suppose it helps that our laptop is functioning like a crippled turtle right now...lessening the desire to use it in the first place.  In the meantime, our young ones have taken to reenacting their favorite shows and singing their favorite show tunes...

Josiah:  Mom, what's your favorite song from The Lion King?
Me:  Hmm, I don't know.  I like a lot of songs from that movie.  Maybe..."Can You Feel the Love Tonight"?
Josiah:  Oh, yes!  I remember that one and I remember that time a LOOOOONG time ago but I when I was still this same age and I had media, I saw that song on youtube and thought, "Mom should share this on facebook!"


It is apparent to me that our kids' childhoods hardly resemble our own.  We'd be asking questions like, "what is facebook?  what is The Lion King?  what is youtube?"  They've never known a life without these things.  I now see it as my duty to make sure our kids know the answers to our childhood questions, questions that they don't even know to ask.  We commence tomorrow morning!  Lesson #1- What is a rotary phone?  Followed by #2- What is a cassette tape and what's the pencil for?

No comments:

Post a Comment