Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Parents Launch Executive Order to Stop Common Core and Student Data-Mining!

I'm sure President Obama would urge you to "reject these voices" but I sure hope you don't!  Believe it or not, tyranny IS lurking around the corner and has been since our country's conception.  That's why our founding fathers created our government with a set of checks and balances of power and gave that power to the People.  The power to protect our freedoms.  You.  Yes, you!  If you are eligible to vote in America, I'm talking to you!  Our founding fathers gave YOU the power and responsibility to defend your God-given freedoms.  Our government works best when we keep that balance in check by calling out abuses when and where we see them and then DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THEM (aka. stay informed and vote.  Get involved!  If you don't understand something, ask questions.  I was politically ignorant not that long ago myself.  Not dumb.  Just ignorant.  There is hope for us all. ;o)).

So many times I've heard people say things like, "Well, I just don't have time for that" or "Politics is not my thing so I just let those who are smarter than me handle that kind of thing."  Newsflash:  #1-I don't have time for it either but it has become too dangerous to ignore, #2- Politics is certainly not my "thing" either AND you most likely ARE at least as smart as they are but if not, that also means #3- they are smart enough to abuse their power which means you would do well to get educated so they can't take advantage of you and #4- if you choose not to get involved, you'll only have yourself to blame when the poop hits the fan (Heck, they're already flinging it right now.  I'm just waiting for them to throw it high enough that it finally does hit that fan and splatters everywhere!).  They cannot continue to abuse their power if we don't let them.  This particular issue (see the link below) threatens not just OUR safety and privacy, but more importantly, our children's.  It's one thing to mess with me, but I think most of us would agree (and certainly for me), we become quite a force to be reckoned with when our kids are in the line of fire.  I urge you to please get involved and informed.  Time is running out.  These parents understand the urgency.  Do you?  If we all band together and take a stand, we CAN stop this thing!

whatiscommoncore.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/parents-launch-executive-order-to-stop-common-core-and-to-stop-student-data-mining/

No comments:

Post a Comment