Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Monday, March 21, 2011

Dragons, Dinosaurs, Black Cakes, and Butterflies

With a garage sale this Saturday and a birthday party to plan for Sunday, there are plenty of things I should be doing right now besides blogging.  I just couldn't keep myself from posting a quick (I hope) update on Sadie's birthday party theme.  Hopefully, you guys will have some great ideas to share.

Anyone who knows me or my husband already knows we're penny pinchers, but that is especially true now with our upcoming trip to Disney World.  So, we really want to keep this party expense down to a minimum.  With that said, we're looking for inexpensive ideas for a Butterflies and Flowers party theme.  In other words, releasing butterflies is a precious and fantastic idea but unfortunately, above budget.  Darn.  ;)

It took Sadie until the very last minute to decide.  Every time we asked her it was something different.  We've gone from a white party to a pink party to a dragon party to a purple polka-dot party to her wanting a black cake with a white dinosaur. (You can't make this stuff up, people.  Kids are just crazy.)  Needless to say, I'm glad she changed her mind about the black cake. :)

We're hosting the party at a local park so outdoor suggestions are best.  Thanks in advance for your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment