Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thoughts from Preschoolers

It's been a few days since my last post (and things are still so busy around here) but I did want to take a moment to share a morsel or two for your amusement. Our kids never cease to amaze us with some of the things they'll say. Here are just a couple recent things I remember...

Jackson (5 years old): "We live in Lake Park, GA."
Josiah (4 years old): "No. We live in Earth."

On a separate occasion:
Josiah: "We live in Earth."
Sadie (nearly 3): "No! We live in space!" (She was fairly adamant about that one.)

Josiah: "Daddy, I am 4 years old."
Daddy: "Yes, you are. How old do you think I am?"
Josiah: "Five."

Me after kids ate nearly all my Yoplait Delights: "Why do you kids keep eating all my food?"
Sadie: "Because we want to share with you."

Sadie: "Mommy, is it Christmas times?"
Josiah: "No, Sadie. It's Valentimes."

While Jackson and Daddy were outside gardening, they ran across some HUGE grubworms:
Jackson: "Ew! That scares me." "No, Daddy! Don't touch it! We don't eat them those things!"

I really need to be better about writing down the things they say. It's surprising how quickly we forget. Many times I can remember laughing so hard, but can't remember what it was they actually said. So, this is me trying to be better.

Hopefully, if you're forgetful like me and take life too seriously sometimes, this will bring a smile to your face. God gives us glimpses of heaven every day. He is in our daily mundane routine...if only we open our eyes to see Him. Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of children. They are not the "church of the future" but an integral part of the "church of the present" (And what a gift they are!). Thank you for reminding us of that. Help us remember it always and treat them as the precious "present" that You've so graciously given us. Amen.

Open your eyes today. Look for a child. Let them teach you. They are God's treasure trove masquerading in dirty little bodies with disheveled hair. So, dig in! There's wealth all around you just waiting to be claimed. All you have to do is get your hands dirty.


No comments:

Post a Comment