Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Rose & Conquered the Grave



This is one of my favorite songs.  It's just impossible for me to hear it and not sing along.  In celebration of Easter, when Christians everywhere are focused on Jesus' death, burial, and RESURRECTION, this is the kind of song I want to sing!  I've loved this song ever since I heard it but like so many other things, it has renewed meaning since Matt's death.  I know I mention Matt alot in my posts.  Some of you may think that he's all I ever talk or think about.  There is a constance of sorts but I like to think that I'm not "obsessing" over my brother.  He wouldn't want me to do that.  However, as I've mentioned in previous posts, there are defining moments in life.  I see the world differently now.  Things I once considered good are now great because what I once considered bad was really just "not so good".  "Bad" was like stepping in dog poo or staining your new dress.  "Bad" doesn't even begin to describe how horrible things can be.  We aren't capable of appreciating the good without the bad.  The worse things are, the better the good feels.  It can just be much harder to see the good when the bad is that bad.

Anyway, I digress.  The point I'm trying to make is that we all know the Easter story.  We say "Jesus died for me" and "Jesus rose again".  We sing songs like "Because He lives" and "Jesus loves me".  But where's the passion?  Where's the awe and wonder?  We can get so comfortable or so familiar with the story that it becomes rote or routine.  It's in our head, but not our heart.  But then some things come our way with the power to change all that.

My brother died.  His soul did not.  Jesus is Mighty to save!  He saved Matt.  He saved me.  He saved you.  When death hits so close to home, Jesus' resurrection heals the heart.  It's not just a story anymore.  It's the hope of eternal life!  It's the abundance of great joy!  It's Jesus conquering DEATH!  What a Savior!  How can we keep from dancing before the Lord, thanking Him for his immense love and incredible gift?  I hated losing my little bro.  I love knowing that I'll see him again.

Enjoy your Easter holiday.  Hunt eggs, enjoy a basket of treats from the Easter Bunny but please (as we often say at Christmas) remember the reason for the season.  Hug the ones you love, remember how much God loves you and dance!!  We're eternal, brothers and sisters!  Death has no sting!

No comments:

Post a Comment