Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jackson's Nickname & Our Birth Plan

Before I go straight to his labor and delivery story, there are three things I'd like you to know first:

  1. We were determined not to find out his gender so my husband dubbed a prenatal nickname for our unborn child which became a bit of a tradition for our future children.  In fact, we already have a nickname picked out if we ever have a fourth.  We called him "Ibby" which was short for "Itty Bitty Baby".  Justin wasn't intentional about picking this nickname, at least not originally.  It just sort of happened one day that he said the name and then had a "Eureka" moment.  "That's it!  That's what I'm gonna call the baby.  Ibby!"  At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about this.  Ibby?  Really?  Now I'm glad that he persisted.  It's actually kind of cute.  Subsequently, Josiah became "Tibby" (Tiny Itty Bitty Baby) and Sadie was "T-Tibby" (Teeny Tiny Itty Bitty Baby).  Should a fourth ever come along, he/she will be "Twibby" (Teeny Weany Itty Bitty Baby).  I wasn't really excited about Sadie's nickname (it just sounds less than cute to me) but I wanted to save "Twibby" in case we had twins, which run in my family and have already skipped a generation...but now I'm getting ahead of myself.  Secondly,  
  2. I was determined to have a natural childbirth.  Justin begged and pleaded with me to take the meds but to no avail.  After all, it only seemed fair.  He got to pick the nickname so I got to decide whether I wanted medication or not.  Leave alone the fact that it was my body and I'd be the one enduring the pain.  That, in and of itself, was reason enough.  Thirdly,
  3. I was considered a high-risk pregnancy due to my epilepsy and the medication that I was taking to prevent seizures.  Therefore, I had ultrasounds every 4 weeks for the first and second trimester, then every 2 weeks for the beginning of my third trimester and then every week for the last 2-3 weeks before his actual birth.  I am really grateful for the privilege of seeing our baby gradually develop in the womb.  Not many mothers are afforded that.  We now have some terrific ultrasound pictures and video footage, too!
So, now that you've taken the "prerequisite", if you will, we're ready for the actual event!  That story coming up in the next day or two.  Having two preschoolers at home necessitates breaking this up into bite-size pieces.  Plus, I know all of you have lives, too that don't revolve around mine so it helps if I don't write a novel each time.  I mean, I know we're interesting and everything but... ;)  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment