Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Only Two More Days!

I can't believe we're leaving for Disney World in just 2 more days!  This week has seriously flown by!  Now, if I could just wave my magic wand and have all of our bags packed, the house cleaned, and all the laundry done.  Oh!  And the van cleaned...inside and out.  I guess once we're there, I'll have to ask Mickey where the Sorcerer keeps his wand.  Then, he'll have to teach me how to use it.  The jobs will already be done by that point but I can still save the information for future reference. ;)  Based on what I've seen of Fantasia, I think it's best if I just go straight to the source on this one.  Mickey doesn't have the greatest track record, if you know what I'm saying.  I don't exactly trust him to "keep things under control". haha ;)



Anyway, I'm so excited about the trip (and so overwhelmed with what needs to be done before we leave) that I'm finding it hard to sleep.  This is nothing new for me.  I usually find it hard to sleep whenever we plan to go somewhere.  My to-do list, which is already long on a normal day, becomes easily twice as long AND has a definitive deadline when we're planning a trip.  I insist on having the house clean before we ever go out of town.  It drives my husband crazy.  He doesn't understand why the house has to be cleaner when we're gone than it is while we're living in it.  Or why it's OK to leave it untidy when we're out shopping and strolling around town, but not OK if we're spending the night elsewhere.  When put that way, it does sound sort of irrational.

My initial argument has always been, "I just don't want to come home to a dirty house."  Which is absolutely true!  But it does beg the question why it doesn't bother me to come home to a mess unless we're away overnight.  Actually, it bothers me to come home to a mess anytime.  I just don't typically make a fuss over it unless we're going out of town.  When I'm asked why that's different, I don't really have an answer besides, "It just is".  I don't know how well that answer works at your house, but in ours, not so much. lol

Better get back to my packing and cleaning now, since sleep is still eluding me.  I am curious, though.  Do you also go into "cleaning overhaul mode" before leaving to go out of town?  If so, what reasons do you give to justify your behavior?  Also, if you've been to Disney World, what tips can you offer for a successful and relaxing visit?  And don't say, "Don't go!"  Haha.  That's not an option.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment