Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Our Little Songbird

Jackson is almost always singing. It's a well-known fact, too. Just ask his teacher who assigned him the Indian name, "Songbird", for their annual Thanksgiving costume party this year. He's a really great singer for his age, too. Most six-year olds have little self-awareness but this is particularly true of Jackson, among others diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I mention that to point out that when he sings, he really sings. He doesn't care who is listening. He is oblivious of whether or not his noise may be bothersome or distracting to someone. He just sings loud and strong. I truly love that about him and I hope it never changes! I love that he enjoys singing so much...but that's probably not surprising to most of you, considering my own passion for music.

Anyway, last night Justin and I were cracking up while listening to Jackson singing one of his new favorite
songs, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - 2007 Theme Song. What was so funny were the words he was using. Definitely not the words to the song, but they still made some semblance of sense. If you go to the link, Jackson was singing the part that starts around the 35-second mark onward. Picture these words instead, "M-I-C-K-N-Y, Come on you and see!" He sang this over and over again. Soooo hilarious!

Of course, Justin would say that he comes by this honestly because I am always screwing up the lyrics of songs. Take TLC's song "Waterfalls", for instance. For the longest time I thought they were saying, "Don't go, Jason. Water falls." You know, like they are singing to a guy named Jason and warning him about something terrible that could happen. Go ahead and laugh. It's funny. Some people would be too embarrassed to share such a personal faux-pas but hey, life happens, right? I figure this way, the rest of you will know you are not alone. Everyone is an idiot at some point. Why bother hiding it? ;)


As if that's not bad enough, there was the country song "Where I Come From" by Alan Jackson. Justin can tell you all about our drive in the car one time while we were dating and I started singing along with the radio, "Where I come from, alot of front porch lickin'..." Yeah, go ahead and laugh again. It really is funny! Surprisingly enough, he still married me, though. I guess even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while. Haha! Love you, hon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment