Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Exercise- Day One of Charting Progress

Before reading this, you might want to read my post "What is Healthy?" if you haven't already so you understand my philosophy and why I'm doing this.

I've been exercising for several weeks now.  Not as consistently as I'd like, but I'm working on changing that. :)  I've only lost 2 pounds so far but at least that's a start, and I'm more focused on living healthy than what the scale says.  That being said, here's today's breakdown:
I did 5 minutes on the Elliptical just to warm up before strength training.  I've never been really thrilled about lifting weights but it's good for you and increases your metabolism so I continue to think positive thoughts. :)
Today I concentrated on my arms.
  1. Shoulders (standard)- 3 sets of 10 at 20 lbs.  I don't remember what I was lifting in high school, but I'm pretty sure it was way more than that.  I am confident that I will improve over time.  (See how I did that?  Instead of saying, "I have wimpy arms and I can't believe I'm only lifting 20 lbs right now and even struggling with that half way through the final set."?  Positive thoughts!  Positive thoughts!
  2. Shoulders (neutral)- 3 sets of 10 at 20 lbs.
  3. Lats- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
  4. Row- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
  5. Fly- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
  6. Rear Delt- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
  7. Chest- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
  8. Tricep- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
  9. Bicep- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs. (I marked to go up in weights on this one next time because it felt way too easy.  That's a good thing, right? :D)
  10. Abs- 100 reps at 30 lbs.  This was done on an ab machine in our fitness room.  Also marked to go up on the weight next time on this one.  Love that thing!
  11. Elliptical- 25 minutes, tried to maintain a steady speed of 10.6, total distance of 4.3
Challenges:  The elliptical about kicked my butt.  I thought I was gonna croak about half way through and came very close to just quitting.  That timer moved so slowly for that last 12 min and 30 sec!  But I did not give up and was even able to maintain the same speed for most of the remaining time.  In fact, during the last 30 seconds I pushed myself to a speed of 11.8!  I felt like "the engine that could", though.  My mantra for the 2nd half was "I think I can.  I think I can." LOL

Improvements:  Last time I was on the elliptical, my speed was around a steady 9.6!

How I feel now:  Great!  I was breathing pretty heavily right afterwards but I love feeling like I can breathe deeper and just feel more relaxed...not as rigid. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment