I've been exercising for several weeks now. Not as consistently as I'd like, but I'm working on changing that. :) I've only lost 2 pounds so far but at least that's a start, and I'm more focused on living healthy than what the scale says. That being said, here's today's breakdown:
I did 5 minutes on the Elliptical just to warm up before strength training. I've never been really thrilled about lifting weights but it's good for you and increases your metabolism so I continue to think positive thoughts. :)
Today I concentrated on my arms.
- Shoulders (standard)- 3 sets of 10 at 20 lbs. I don't remember what I was lifting in high school, but I'm pretty sure it was way more than that. I am confident that I will improve over time. (See how I did that? Instead of saying, "I have wimpy arms and I can't believe I'm only lifting 20 lbs right now and even struggling with that half way through the final set."? Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts!
- Shoulders (neutral)- 3 sets of 10 at 20 lbs.
- Lats- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
- Row- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
- Fly- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
- Rear Delt- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
- Chest- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
- Tricep- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs.
- Bicep- 3 x 10 at 20 lbs. (I marked to go up in weights on this one next time because it felt way too easy. That's a good thing, right? :D)
- Abs- 100 reps at 30 lbs. This was done on an ab machine in our fitness room. Also marked to go up on the weight next time on this one. Love that thing!
- Elliptical- 25 minutes, tried to maintain a steady speed of 10.6, total distance of 4.3
Improvements: Last time I was on the elliptical, my speed was around a steady 9.6!
How I feel now: Great! I was breathing pretty heavily right afterwards but I love feeling like I can breathe deeper and just feel more relaxed...not as rigid. :)