Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Monday, February 20, 2012

"Investing in the Journey" Couponing Class: Updated

****Another update is typed in bold within the original post regarding the shepherd's guidelines.  I wish to be in full compliance.  Thank you.****

***Update***: We are also now selling Harp's coupon books for $5 each.  They contain over $50 worth of coupons, including one for $5 off your next grocery purchase of $50 or more so they basically pay for themselves!  Anyone who purchases a coupon binder for $20 will receive a coupon book for free!  I will also be giving away some at the class as door prizes so please make plans to attend.  Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in a coupon book and/or binder so I have an idea of how many to order as well as if you are planning to attend the class so I have enough handouts for everyone.  Thanks!

Our church is doing something that I've never seen done before and I can't wait to see the result!  They are calling it "Investing in the Journey" and the goal is to raise money to purchase much-needed buses while at the same time teaching biblical principles.  The principle here is based on the Parable of the Talents.  The kick-off for this Christian "fundraiser" is this coming Sunday where instead of putting money in the collection plate, money will be distributed to members of the congregation.  We are then to take that money, increase it, and then bring back the fruits of our efforts a few weeks later on what is being called "Celebration Sunday".  When I first heard about this, I started trying to figure out what talents I have that could be lucrative.  I mean, I certainly don't want to be "the lazy and wicked servant", ya know what I mean? ;)  I prayed about it and a few things finally came to mind.  I can sing, so I guess I could have chosen to do something like singing telegrams but that seemed a little too junior high for a soon-to-be 35 year old.  haha  What else?  Well, I'm good at bargain shopping and saving money...you know, finding good deals.  I'm a pretty good teacher, too...I think.  Anyway, that's when I decided to try having my own coupon class...

This class is designed to teach participants how to save big on groceries by learning where to find the best deals and how to use coupons to your advantage.  We'll talk about coupon policies, helpful websites, how to organize and plan your shopping trips quickly and efficiently, and everyone's favorite...how to spot "money-makers". :)  We will also discuss coupon ethics and the difference between responsible couponing practices and "extreme couponing".  The class is currently scheduled for Monday, March 12th, at 6:30 p.m. in the Downtown church auditorium in Searcy, AR.  (Click here for directions and a layout of our building.)


Everyone who attends will be entered to win a free coupon binder (a $20 value).  Bring a friend (who is not currently a member at Downtown) and receive another entry for the binder PLUS be entered to win an additional door prize.  Everyone who signs up that night to host a future coupon class will be entered to win a free one-year magazine subscription to All You (chocked full of coupons and other helpful tips!), an additional $5 will be donated to Investing in the Journey for each class that's booked, and half of the profit from those booked classes will also be donated.   
**Update: I was not aware of the shepherd's guidelines for use of the building when I first posted this.  My sincerest apologies.  Therefore, in the interest of compliance while also keeping my word to you, I will still honor this future coupon class deal but there will be no mention of it at the class and you will have to approach me or call if interested.  Again, I'm terribly sorry.  I do not want there to be any hint of impropriety here.  Thank you for your understanding.** 
The cost of the class will depend on class size.  If the class is less than 30 people, the cost is $10 per person.  If more than 30 attend, the cost is $5 per person.  ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT "INVESTING IN THE JOURNEY".  I guarantee that by using the tips taught in this class that the fee will pay for itself after your first grocery trip or your money back!  If you cannot attend on this date, you can still host a class of your own (with benefits above) or purchase a coupon binder for $20 (while supplies last).  Please let me know if you would like a binder so I'll be sure to have enough prepared.  Preregistration is encouraged to ensure available space and so I can inform you as soon as we reach 30 attendees (although I don't anticipate having any problems reaching that number! :) ).  Contact me by email (savinglotsofdough@gmail.com) to reserve your spot or for more information or just leave a comment here to let me know you plan to attend.

I also have a facebook page (click here) set up now where I will be posting updates and information periodically on how you can save money!  I hope to see you on March 12th and as always, thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment