Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Exercise Log: Day Six and Seven

2/14/2012, Day Six:  Rest Day

2/15/2012:
Warm-up: 5 min cycle
Leg Extension: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Hip Adduction: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Hip Abduction: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Leg Curl: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Abs: (60 lbs) 100 reps
Lunges: (8 lb dumbbells) 1 x 6
Cycle: 25 min, speed approx. 11.0, distance=4.4

Challenges:  The hardest part was getting to the fitness room.  Isn't it crazy how just one rest day can make it so hard to go back the next?  I'm glad I did, though.  The next hardest thing was when I got a cramp during lunges.  I tried to keep going but it just hurt too badly and I started to get concerned that I might damage something.  I went ahead and cycled afterwards, pushing through the pain a little but didn't concern myself with improving my time or distance.  I just wanted to be able to walk out knowing that I did the drill.  I didn't "give up".  I still have the cramp even now.  It hindered my workout some tonight but didn't "kill" it.

Improvements:  I increased the weights on the leg curl.  I could probably go up again, but I won't yet.

How I feel:  Other than the cramp in my leg, I feel ok.  Not great.  Just ok.  I think much of that has to do with not working out yesterday and eating a bunch of Valentine's Day sweets.  I tried not to overdo it on desserts but between a free small milkshake at Chick-fil-a (which was shared with my darling daughter and wonderful husband) and not one, but two Valentine's Day parties, I still overdid it.  Looking forward to tomorrow's workout as it is a treadmill day.  I like treadmill day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment