Profile Description

My photo
I'm a mother of 3 who started blogging as a way to share our many adventures and to expand beyond the everyday "mommy world". While there IS so much more to us mommies than the title, there is very little that doesn't in some way or another lead us back to or influence our children...if anything. So, I hope you enjoy following our family's randomness, because as all moms know- you can never anticipate what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! :)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Exercise Log: Day Four

I know I said today was going to be a rest day, but then I remembered what a bear Tuesday is going to be with Valentine's Day deliveries, lunch with my hubby, the kids' Valentine's Day parties, fixing supper for a friend, and Jackson's cub scout meeting.  I'm thinking it will be pretty difficult to squeak in a workout on that day.  So, it will be my rest day instead. :)

Today:
Warm-up:  5 min on treadmill, speed approx. 3.6, distance= .29
Leg curl: (40 lbs) 3 x 10  (will increase weight next time)
Hip adduction: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Hip abduction: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Leg extension: (50 lbs) 3 x 10
Abs: (60 lbs) 100 reps
Lunges: (holding 8 lb. dumbbells) 3 x 10
Treadmill: 25 min, distance=1.47, speed=3.5 for 1st 20 min and 3.8 for last 5 min.

Challenges:  Things went pretty well today.  Lunges are still a bit challenging but doable and getting easier with time.

Improvements:  Saw lots of improvements today.  I increased the weight by 10 lbs for hip adduction, abduction, leg extension, and abs.  I increased my speed for the 1st 20 min of cardio from 3.2 last time to 3.5 this time.  Distance increased from 1.38 to 1.47.

How I feel:  Getting increasingly sore with each passing day but that's a good thing, just more annoying than anything else.  Other than that, feeling pretty good!  Haven't been keeping track of my waist size, but it "feels" smaller. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment